Please review our warranty and return policies in full below:
JDM Engine Zone provides warranty for sold item and guarantees protection from defects of proper function and performance when properly installed by an ASE certified mechanic and under normal driving conditions (does not include racing or hard loads/wear) for a specified period of time (and distance if applicable). The item must be installed and run before a warranty claim can be processed. Any holes in the block will automatically void any warranty due to extreme hard use.
These are the conditions as follows:
I. Warranty Policy
A. Terms and Conditions
1. JDM-imported used non-performance engines: 90-day warranty from date of delivery on internal parts and longblock only. Accessories and parts such as, but not limited to, intake & exhaust manifolds, carburetor, injectors, sensors, distributor & cap, alternator, starter, water pump, thermostat, clutch, flywheel, timing belt, and all seals including main seal, may be attached to the item gratuitously and are not covered under any warranty. For additional details regarding what is considered a non-performance replacement engine, please contact us.
2. JDM-imported used high-performance engines and transmissions: 30-day warranty from date of delivery on internal parts and longblock only. High-performance is considered any engine with features such as, but not limited to, Diesel, VTEC, VVT-i, VVL, MIVEC, turbo or supercharged, or other high-performance technologies. Transmissions specifically designed for performance and sport use is considered high-performance, although warranty does not cover racing or hard loads/wear as mentioned above. Accessories and parts such as, but not limited to, intake & exhaust manifolds, carburetor, injectors, sensors, distributor & cap, alternator, starter, water pump, thermostat, clutch, flywheel, timing belt, and all seals including main seal, may be attached to the item gratuitously and are not covered under any warranty. For additional details regarding what is considered a high-performance engine, please contact us.
3. JDM-imported used non-performance transmissions: 90-day warranty from date of delivery on internal parts only. Accessories and parts such as, but not limited to, electrical switches, solenoids, wiring system, shift linkage, and torque converter may be attached to the item gratuitously and are not covered under any warranty. For additional details regarding what is considered a non-performance replacement transmission, please contact us.
4. We cannot guarantee accessories and sensors will be included, are working properly, or will directly mate with US-spec vehicles. We recommend use of some of our original parts (more info below). Axles, halfshafts, motor mounts, and ECU's are not included with engines but can be purchased separately.
a. All rotary engines are sold as is and are not covered by any warranty whatsoever.
b. All items other than those mentioned above are sold as is. No return, refund, or warranty is offered unless implicitly specified. For additional details, please contact us.
B. Customer Obligations
1. Customer must change oil, oil filter, spark plugs, coolant, and supply tune-up parts.
2. Customer must flush and refill radiator, install new water hoses, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and all critical seals & gaskets necessary before proper installation, including crank main seal and valve cover gaskets.
3. Due to the variation in design on some vehicle models in Japanese-market engines, customer is required to make necessary change-over on some parts from old engine including, but not limited to, fitting the original oil pan, oil pick-up tube, dipstick, flywheel, clutch assembly, distributor, intake & exhaust manifolds, EGR, wiring harness, timing cover, and sensors.
4. Customer is responsible for re-installing all smog and emissions devices, including EGR if applicable.
5. All belt-driven engines are required to have new timing belt installed, set on the correct timing, and valves checked & adjusted to OEM specification before installation is complete. All chain-driven engines are required to have new tensioner installed, set on correct timing, and valves checked & adjusted to OEM specification before installation
6. Customer has responsibility of verifying parts for proper fitment, proper size, and application prior to installation prior to installation. We assume absolutely no liability for parts incorrectly ordered or installed as the result of error in gathering necessary parts.
7. Engine and transmission must be installed and ran within warranty timeframe (from date on invoice/purchase or signed delivery)
1. Repair or replacement as a result of any accident, misuse, collision, upset, fire, negligence, alteration, modification, racing & competition use, or improper installation or repair.
2. Labor costs, downtime, towing charges, freight charges, rental reimbursement, and comprehensive insurance claims.
3. Oil leaks, blown head gasket, and overheating due to poor cooling system.
4. Bent valves, lock-up, or back fire due to broken or defective timing belt components or wrong timing set.
5. Internal damage due to debris entering combustion chambers, lack of oil volume or pressure, or over-revving.
1. In the event of a warranty claim or return, please first contact us for an Item Warranty Claim Form or a Return Merchandise Authorization(RMA) number. This number will be unique to the individual claim and must be obtained before any return whatsoever, no exceptions. If the RMA number is invalid or was never requested, any returned item will be refused and will not be taken into possession by your shipping department.
2. All shipping charges, including returns, must be pre-paid by customer. Any returns with collect or on-delivery shipping charges will be refused.
3. Please allow up to five (5) business days for warranty claim processing, as the claim will be reviewed by various departments in the USA as well as Japan.
4. Electronics such as, but not limited to, ECU's, sensors, and wiring harnesses are not refundable unless noted. Once the item has been tampered with or opened, the item is no longer refundable.
5. If you purchased an item by mistake or you no longer need item, reimbursement can only occur in the form of total amount paid minus shipping charges after a 20% restocking fee. It can only be reimbursed through the original method of payment.
6. Items such as alternator, power steering pump, intake manifold, and distributor/ignition systems are typically still attached to our engines and are included as a gratuity with purchase of the engine longblock. Due to the nature of international import and vehicle fitment compatibility, we do recommend our customers use certain parts, some necessary, from the original engine being replaced (including parts mentioned above such as alternator, power steering pump, wiring harness, ECU, etc.*). Our standard warranty covers the engine longblock and internals but does not apply to exterior accessories as mentioned above*. Please see our warranty page above for more details.
MAF/AFM/MAP sensors, ECU's, wiring harnesses, igniters, axles, A/C compressors, & catalytic converters are not included unless otherwise mentioned specifically in product listing. If you require these parts for your swap or are not sure what parts are needed, we recommend consultation with an ASE certified technician to make sure this item will work with your vehicle or project.
By making a purchase on our website, you agree to our warranty and return policy terms. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please review our warranty and return policies in full below: